4 Year Old's Dress up Party Cake





I was asked if I could make a cake for a 4 year old's dress up party. It was at a salon that gives all the girls up-do's, make-up, nail polish,and dress up clothes for the day. Very cute place. Sure, I say!
I was asked to make something like maybe a cake shaped like a lipstick or nailpolish or something. Of course, I am already scheming something better, so I ask if I could surprise them a little, as long as the lipstick and nailpolish idea are there, and I would use the girls' favorite colors.

Well, the cake idea started out as one thing and every second turned into something else, until I finally just said, "ENOUGH!!" and this is what came out of my brain and my hands made.
I created nailpolish and lipsticks by first creating a cakey/cookie/truffle like concoction that I wrapped in fondant. The brush and comb and crown are just molded fondant and I covered each cake with a nice, yummy layer of buttercream frosting before wrapping those in fondant because most kids won't eat the fondant, but most like my frosting.
I think I went overboard, it wasn't a sheetcake cut into a lipstick shape afterall.

But the customer was pleased, and I'm grateful that she let me get creative. Best way for me to operate!

Comments

  1. WOW! Unbelievable! I hope you got a lot of money for that, because it is worth it! The detail is incredible. I love the "sparkle," and all the overlapping! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous!!!!!!! I wish I was a 4-year-old little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous. Can you do a 64 yr old dress up party?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really amazing! Kaitlin saw it and immediately thought you made it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea you were so talented!!! I wish you were in the area - I need a tea party cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely amazing!!! Not a detail missed. You are an incredible artist even with food. I hope I can go to the next birthday party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts