Key Lime Coconut Bars

 

Becky, my sister in law, is visiting, and made some delicious lemon-blueberry cobbler for dessert. In the mood for another tangy treat, I decided to try these bars. Of course, in typical Kohut fashion, I can't follow a recipe exactly, having to make it my own with some tweaking. And of course, this tweaking was due to some mistakes I made (yes, I admit my mistakes...once in awhile). So having put the sweetened condensed milk into the egg whites instead of the egg yolks kind of set me back, but I gently poured out as much of the whites as I could and lost a little of the condensed milk along the way. The addition of the juice of one lemon added to the key lime juice changed the taste slightly, but Becky and I both liked it. And the coconut in the crust was yummy. The crust could be used for anything, and I think I might make a coconut cream type thing with it.

Anyway, the experiment was a success. The kids don't like tangy, the husband doesn't love coconut, so Becky and I get the whole thing!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts