Some company!

Today we watched Phil Mickelson win the Masters.  Watching him win was great, and seems extra special for him with his wife still not feeling well from fighting breast cancer. She was able to make it at the end to watch him win, and the tears he had running down his face was brought tears to mine. My husband knew that would happen!



We also had friends over to watch with us, and to EAT. A LOT.  I had made some pulled pork that I started cooking on Saturday and didn't take out of the oven until after 3 on Sunday. It was yummy. Made some burger sliders, hot dogs, and lots of picky food to go with all the beer. And then cookies, banana whoopie pies and a chocolate cake for a little birthday celebration! I didn't have a lot of time to make this pretty, but Julia insisted on chocolate cake with white frosting and purple polka dots and words.  She wanted more colors, but no time!
I'm still stuffed.
Our little friend was dying for the time to come to cut into that cake, and was so excited to put the candles in for him mom to blow out. He didn't want me to take his picture, so I had to do it on the sly.









What a good job he did!

We did it!

Hurry up Mom...

Making a wish...

Finally! Yummy...





And now, all sugared up and ready for a rid on Daddy's leg...





I think our little friend enjoyed himself! I wish I took more pictures. I didn't even get any of his little brother, baby Charlie! Next time.

Comments

Popular Posts