COOKIE OR BROWNIE?

I was craving some sugar. Something with a big glass of ice cold milk. I had to make chocolate chip cookies for someone, and I wanted something for the kids (er, myself!!) and thought I should make something a little more chocolatey. I started with another batch of chocolate chip cookies but found a box of brownie mix in the cabinet (I feel compelled to add that the mix is for my 8 year old daughter who loves brownies and likes to make her own and I let her- with a mix! Mine are from scratch, mind you.). Having the beginning ingredients already in the mixer, I decided to skip the flour and I threw in the mix and then 3 heaping cups of chocolate chips and gave it a go.
It is such a nice fall day, the windows are open, the breeze rustling the leaves that are going to start changing colors and falling soon. The sight and sounds of fall, the "back to school" feeling, and now the smells of cookies baking and then the tastes of this concoction... it's all good. I was not happy about school starting, but today, a day of long lists that aren't getting done because I am sitting here eating cookies and drinking a gallon of milk, today I am satisfied that the kids are back in school. I'll work on my list tomorrow.
Hopefully there will be some left for the kids.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts