zucchini in disguise


Today was the day we finally used some of the mega zucchini we grew in our garden. The zucchini was larger than our dinner plates, and one yeilded over 6 cups of shredded zucchini! My 8 year old assisted me (as this was just a "fun" baking day) and we made 10 mini loaves and one large loaf of a spicy zucchini bread. I never seem to follow recipes as they are written and I had to add some allspice, cloves, and nutmeg in addition to the called for cinnamon. Cut back on the sugar and added All Bran cereal instead of nuts, and the result was a moist, yummy, and (supposedly a tad bit) healthy snack.

















































Next was a batch of muffins (still had a lot of shredded zucchini!)with all the above spices, as well as cranberries, coconut, and pecans thrown in. No All Bran this time. They smelled sooooo good! I forgot to cut back on the sugar, and the neighbor was playing with the temperature controls on my oven. That combo yeilded a slightly burnt bottom on half of the muffins! Oh well, it didn't stop me from ripping one open. Mmmmm.



Be sure to wear swanky red patent leather wedge sandals with your striped apron while baking, everything is sure to taste better!

Comments

Popular Posts